Cathy D's Charming Story, Circa 1980
Categories: Real Life Charming Stories17 Jan 2018
Around 30 years ago I began my journey, to tell my stories in beautiful sterling silver charms. I love big, chunky jewellery and as the years went on and my stories evolved I found that instead of a charm bracelet I had a charm necklace!
The chain is made with two chains - a short necklace and a bracelet so I can wear it at the longer or shorter length. Now that there are so many charms on it I usually wear it at the longer length because it is much more comfortable.
In a nutshell I will take you on my journey with the charm stories from left to right.
- A Coin to celebrate the year of my birth,
- A Clog for my first trip to the snow,
- A Sun to represent the time I spent living in North Queensland,
- A Scuba Diver to celebrate yet another achievement,
- A Bike to remember all that cycling I did while touring and exploring,
- A Fairy to reminisce about the Fairies on the Downs,
- A Buddha for that time that I lived in Japan,
- A Kids charm to tell the story of a friend in Ireland,
- A Pick and Shovel to recall my time in Mt Isa,
- A Leprechaun to symbolise my trip to Ireland,
- A Heart Padlock off the bracelet I received for my 21st birthday,
- A Crown for the trip I took to England,
- And finally ... a Locket with a secret that only I know locked inside!
So many memories and stories living on this charming necklace that will always be kept close to my heart.